SLIM - Software Lifecycle Management tools
Estimate, Control and Benchmark Your Projects with Confidence
QSM's Software Lifecycle Management (SLIM) tools support better decision making at each
stage of the project development lifecycle: estimating, tracking, and metrics analysis.
Each tool is designed to deliver results, either as a standalone application
or as part of QSM's integrated suite of proven software metrics tools.
The SLIM Suite of Tools allows clients to:
- Plan and execute successful software and other design-intensive projects
- Measure the efficiency of their software and systems production
- Optimise productivity within their portfolio of projects
In conjunction with QSM, RedBay Consulting provides SLIM Tool licensing, consulting services, and local tool support in the Australia, Asia, and Pacific regions.
The SLIM Suite of Tools can:
- Turn data into actionable management information
- Identify executable development plans
- Apply historical data and proven algorithms to mitigate risk
- Identify constraints and stakeholder objectives
- Provide transparency to all stakeholders and enabling them to make more informed decisions
- Be configured to estimate many design processes such as hardware, infrastructure, call centres testing, data warehouse, package implementations, Agile and many more
In addition to the industry-leading SLIM Suite of Tools, clients receive:
- Effective product training and introductory user ramp-up support to ensure a quick return on investment
- Consulting services to build long term capabilities or reinforce your staff if desired
- Staying power - the SLIM brand has been in existence for over 30 years and is the top choice of Fortune 1000 corporations and governments globally
SLIM-MasterPlan® - ideal for analysing organisational portfolios and planning large complex system integrations.
SLIM-Estimate® - estimate the time, effort, and cost required to satisfy a given set of requirements and determine the best strategy for designing and implementing your software or systems project.
SLIM-Control® - the statistical process control techniques you need to compare the project plan against project actuals and generate a forecast to completion.
SLIM-Metrics® - preserve project history, benchmark against industry trends, assess competitive position, identify bottlenecks, quantify the benefits of process improvement, and defend future project estimates.
SLIM-DataManager® - a robust data repository tool, included with SLIM-Metrics, that creates a corporate database of your completed projects.
SLIM-WebService® - the “light and lean” Web-based version of QSM’s flagship project estimation, tracking, and benchmarking suite.